We provide homes for Key Workers and Intermediate Rent customers across North and East London with properties in boroughs such as Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Intermediate Rent homes usually have rents set at up to 70% of market levels in the local area.
You can apply if you are a low to middle earner or a Key Worker.
We also invite applications from people in work who have housing needs including those registered on local authority waiting lists.
Eligibility Criteria for Intermediate Rent
You will need to meet certain criteria to qualify for Intermediate Rent:
- You must have a gross household income of less than £90,000 per annum when applying for properties.
- A minimum annual salary requirement also applies.
- You must be in full or part time paid employment with a minimum of a one year contract. If your contract is less than 12 months you must be able to demonstrate that you have been in employment for the last 24 months.
- You will need to complete a credit check.
- You must be able to pay the rent without state assistance, such as Housing Benefit.
- You must be able to pay by direct debit.
- If you have been a Newlon tenant in the past then you must not owe us any money or been previously evicted due to a breach of tenancy or arrears.
- You must be from the European Union or an European Economic Area country or have leave to remain in the United Kingdom & Northern Ireland.
If you are shortlisted then you will need to provide evidence of the above. Please refer to the Q&A section for more details. Priority criteria may apply if demand outstrips supply.
Viewings for properties will take place on Monday to Friday, 9am-7pm.
If you have any questions then please contact us.