We provide homes for Key Workers and Intermediate Rent customers across North and East London with properties in boroughs such as Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Intermediate Rent and Key Worker homes are let at rents below private sector market rates. Rents are usually set at up to 70% of market rent levels in the local area.
The scheme is aimed at low to middle earners with a preference for Key Workers.
We also invite applications from people in work who have housing needs including those registered on local authority waiting lists.
To be put forward for consideration you will need to meet certain criteria:
- You must have a gross household income of less than £90,000 per annum when applying for properties.
- A minimum annual salary requirement also applies.
- You must be in full or part time paid employment with a minimum of a one year contract. If your contract is less than 12 months you must be able to demonstrate that you have been in employment for the last 24 months.
- You must complete a credit check.
- You must be able to pay the rent without state assistance, such as Housing Benefit.
- You must be able to pay by direct debit.
- If you have been a Newlon tenant in the past you must not have left owing us money or been evicted for a breach of tenancy or arrears.
- You must be from the European Union or an European Economic Area country or have leave to remain in the United Kingdom & Northern Ireland.
If you are shortlisted then evidence of the above will be required. Please refer to the Q&A section for more details. Priority criteria may be applied in cases were demand outstrips supply.
Viewings are arranged Monday to Friday 9am-7pm.